Saturday, December 17, 2016

Death 2

Death- 2
'If I should die,
And you should live..'
you would bring this up
in a moment of pure bliss,
the old argument we borrowed
from Emily Dickinson’s,
and i would hurt you with my honesty
(ha! the only way i know how to hurt)
and turning your face fumed (with an emotion
known only to those who get hurt too often)
putting a pillow in between
that would grow up to be
an undestroyable Berlin wall
on our flowery bed
in a minute for a night.
In a minute for a night
All the daisies and daffodils, we long nurtured
Trading our egos, ethos and emotions,
would vanish from the bed
Just like the fishes freshly warned.
As empty as a desert night,
The bed, a sickbed now,
With a pillow indented with otiose emotions
And I would be a weak winter sun
To whom no snow surrenders.
I would survive the night, so would you,
but the ones slain would be
our unborn babies.
And now I would start it all over,
Again I would repeat
'If I should die,
And you should live..’
.
@Punyasloka,2016

No comments:

Post a Comment